South County Predators – Code of Ethics
SCPGHA abides by the constitution of the South County Predators Girls Hockey Association (SCPGHA), Essex Kent Girls Interlock Hockey League (EKGIHL), Ontario Women’s Hockey Association (OWHA) and Lower Lakes Female Hockey League (LLFHL) or any other league currently enrolled in.
With support to such organizations and their constitutions’, SCPGHA will exemplify the highest in moral character behaviour and leadership skills. SCPGHA members will:
- Exemplify the highest moral character, behaviour, and leadership. Never ridicule or yell at players for making mistakes or for performing poorly.
- Respect the integrity and personality of each individual athlete.
- Abide by the rules of the game in letter and in spirit
- Respect the integrity and judgment of officials
- Demonstrate a continuing interest in coaching principles and techniques through professional growth and improvement
- Encourage athletic participation that is free of violence
- Display modesty in victory and graciousness in defeat
- Promote ethical relationships among coaches
- Encourage the highest standards of conduct among all players and staff
- Strive to develop in each athlete the qualities of leadership and good judgement